
This is kind of hard, seeing as there’s a lot of things that interest me. But something that interests me the most probably wouldn’t apply to the male half of the class. One of my passions is makeup. Last year around this time, I began really getting into buying, experimenting with and using makeup on a daily basis. One of the reasons why I became so engrossed with makeup is because I watched numerous videos and tutorials on YouTube. I’d look to these beauty gurus for inspiration and started to build up my skills and collection. This is probably why I’m broke after a full year of working at a day care. But how I look at it, you have people who spend all their money on lottery tickets or shoes or stuffed animals...or whatever they want. I chose to spend most of my money on makeup because it’s what interests me the most.

This past spring, I really started getting into it. So much, that my friends successfully convinced me to start making YouTube videos myself! I also started doing peoples’ makeup as a side job; just from proms, bat mitzvahs, parties, etc. Sometimes my friends just want me to do their makeup for fun, and I love it because working with different skin tones and eye colors just helps me build up my skills even more. I really hope to get a job at Mac or Sephora this coming summer and hopefully continue it into next school year. I’ve been told I should work at a store like that so I can build up my skills even more and maybe even make a career out of it if teaching doesn’t work out. And don’t worry, that makeup collection up there isn’t mine. I wish!
No comments:
Post a Comment