For this blog post, you needed to do something out of your comfort zone and write about it. This past Sunday, I volunteered to give a tour of Southern for the Open House. A year ago, I was in all these kids’ shoes. I would’ve never thought I’d be the one to show off my school to potential students. This is something I’ve never done in high school. I wasn’t an extremely outgoing person, but since I’ve come to Southern, that’s kind of changed. I’ve been participating in events that I never would have in high school. I ran for president of my Delta Lambda New Member Class in DPhiE last week and I volunteered at Loaves and Fishes this past Saturday morning.
All of these events were learning experiences and some of these things are sort of part of the “new me.” In high school, I wasn’t crazy involved in the school by any means. Now, since there’s so much to do, I’m in Habitat for Humanity, Service Team, Delta Phi Epsilon, and Southern’s Future Teachers Organization. That’s all happened within my first two months of being here. Honestly, I’m proud of myself for getting involved. I was worried when I got here that I would be that kid that sat in their room on the computer for days at a time, and now I’m barely in my room. Stepping out of my comfort zone and into all of these different organizations has been making me a well-rounded person and will look great on a resume; but I’m more concerned about what it’s doing for me personally. It’s making me grow and become better adapted to Southern. At the beginning of the year, I wanted to transfer. Now I can’t see myself anywhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment