Monday, October 17, 2011

Troubleshooting :(

One problem I encountered while doing this video was finding professors and/or staff members to interview. At first, I talked to my math professor about what critical thinking meant to him and I barely got anything. I taped him and it seemed like he was a little camera shy and didn’t know what he was talking about. Unfortunately, I couldn’t use any part of the interview because he was stuttering a ton and couldn’t get a legitimate sentence out. I don’t think he actually knew what critical thinking was. So I was kind of stuck until I went to my second interview.

My second interview was a little more successful. I went to my history professor and he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He gave me a big, long answer and I had to shorten it to put it on one slide in the video. He gave me a lot of valid information that I could use to make sense of critical thinking in my video. I also interviewed my kindergarten teacher when I went home on Friday to get the perspective of an elementary school teacher for the second part of my question. She gave me a lot of good information on how she uses critical thinking in her classroom and how I could use it in a future classroom when I become a teacher as well.

Since I brainstormed a little with the class on who to interview next, that kind of helped me resolve my problem. It wasn’t exactly a technical problem, but it was crucial for my project to find a professional’s standpoint. All in all, I think I’m okay for my interviews. All I have left is to interview my CC and put it all together into the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment