Monday, October 24, 2011

Midterms!

So far, I’ve only received three of my five midterm grades and so far I’m happy with them (knock on wood). I have an A in French, Inquiry, and Anthropology, surprisingly enough. I am worried for my History and Math grades though. In French and Inquiry, I was expecting an A because I’ve done well on all my tests in French and blogs in Inquiry. The A in Anthropology was kind of expected, I did all the homework and did decently on the quizzes, but I ended up getting a 100 on the big essay, so that helped my grade tremendously.

In History, I got a check minus on one of the reading quizzes and we were supposed to have more I could bring that one up, but those didn’t happen. My entire grade is riding on this five page paper I did on slavery in the Mississippi Valley. He’s still grading them so we won’t have those until the end of the week...maybe. In my Math class, I feel like I’ll do alright for my overall midterm grade because my take home quizzes have all been B’s or above. I’m just worried about the exam I took because it was really hard.

I’ve come to realize that I won’t change my work ethic in Anthropology, Inquiry and French because I’m clearly doing a good job, but I might do a little bit more for History and possibly Math; depending on the grades of course. If I end up doing well in both classes, then I don’t need to change anything, but I might have to study a bit more for History and do a little extra practice for Math. So we’ll see how these grades turn out and I’ll decide what to do from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment