Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Stress Relievers

This week, so far, I've done a few things to relieve stress. Listening to music is a huge stress relief for me. I have different playlists on my iTunes for studying, relaxing, or getting pumped up for something. But earlier this week and last week, I was assigned tons of homework and I was getting really stressed out. After my last class yesterday, I went to my room, put on one of my playlists and just lied in my bed for an hour. After that, I felt so much more relaxed and was able to focus on my homework. When I’m home and I’m really stressed, I normally take a bath and put on John Mayer or Death Cab, which really chills me out. I don’t know what it is about music, but it always makes me feel better if I’m in a bad mood.
The other thing I tried was Zumba. After going a few times and enjoying it, I decided to use Zumba as a stress relief. And it worked. For me, physical activity is a huge stress relief because during that time when I’m exercising, I forget about all my worries about academics, or whatever the case may be. For stress, physical activity is probably one of the best things you can do to get away from whatever’s bothering you. But if you take it too far, it could just cause you even more stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment