After finishing the time management self-study, I realized that I have a lot more free time than I think I do! I finally accumulated the hours, and I spend roughly nineteen hours on schoolwork per week. I also do a lot more with my free time than I think; e.g. going to the gym, hanging out with friends, going out, etc. To be honest, I spend a lot of the time just hanging around, trying to relax and get my mind off of things. Which is always good!
As for distractions, I think I have some form of ADD. I can be distracted by the smallest things. It could be as crazy as my friends barging into my room while I’m doing studying, or my eyes wandering away from my work and staring at a bird outside the window. A big distraction, though, would be the internet. Since I get it on my phone, I’m constantly on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, you name it, I’m probably on it. That’s definitely not a great thing, but when it comes to focusing, I have to put myself in a room, by myself, quiet or listening to calm music. And that’s another thing! Sometimes I’ll have a little sing-a-long with myself and I won’t even realize it until I focus back on my work and see that I haven’t gotten any further. My friends have always been a huge distraction, whether they’re texting me, calling me, or with me while I’m trying to do work, we always get off track and have a conversation about absolutely anything.
Making this schedule for a week made me realize what I was doing with my free time and what I could be doing with it. To be honest, I think I got better as the week went on because I knew what I had to do and I knew it wasn’t getting done. My agenda has been pretty blank lately, so maybe using that is a good time management tool, so I know what I need to accomplish and when I need to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment