Saturday, September 10, 2011

My First Campus Safari!


For my first Campus Safari, I chose number seven and visited the Fitness Center. I've already been a couple times so I was familiar with the gym, but I went over there to figure out specifics. Monday through Thursday it's open from 7AM to 10PM, Friday from 7AM to 8PM, Saturday from 9:30AM to 4:30PM, and Sunday from 2PM to 7PM. To join, you need to pay $60 per semester, which I think is a bit pricey. But having a gym membership means you have access to different classes that they offer, such as Zumba. Personally, I love Zumba and I was so happy to find out that there's classes four days a week. On Mondays, there's a class from 7:15PM to 8:15PM, Tuesdays from 5PM to 6PM, Wednesdays from 7PM to 8PM, and Thursdays from 12:30PM to 1:15PM.

If you decide you want to go to the gym on your own time, they have nine treadmills, four upright and recumbent bikes, two stair steppers, roughly nine ellipticals, and weights from anywhere between five and one-hundred pounds. There are a bunch of manual machines too though; such as shoulder presses, leg curls, hip abductions and inclined benches. And when you finish working out, you can go to the stretching room where they have mats, medicine balls, balancing discs, etc. Since I wasn't able to take a picture of the gym itself, I took one of the Student Center where the gym's located. Now that you know what the gym's all about, go put on your sneaks and exercise away!

No comments:

Post a Comment