There is so much more to dating in college than I thought. Here's the article I read before going to class yesterday so I could prepare myself (http://college.lovetoknow.com/College_Dating). Our in class discussion with Dominique, Nicole and Sheneice was awkward but very interesting and entertaining. We started out by talking about relationships; who’s been cheated on, who’s currently in a relationship, who’s been the cheater, etc. This is where it started getting a tad uncomfortable. But that was nothing. Afterwards, we played a game where we split up into three groups and each got two scenarios to find solutions to if that situation were to happen to us. My groups scenarios were a) You liked a boy/girl in your class and you finally asked them out on a date, but they weren’t aware it was one, and you confessed your crush on them to them and they told you they were gay. And b) You’ve been spending way too much time with your boyfriend/girlfriend and your grades have been dropping because you haven’t had time to study.

We decided that if scenario A were to happen to us girls, that we would feel extremely awkward, get really embarrassed, and probably run out (and possibly drop the class). For guys, it’s a little different. It’s no secret that guys LOVE lesbians. Dane and Dion confessed that they wouldn’t mind, but we all agreed we would still try to be friends with the person. For scenario B, Stephanie, Hanna, Ashlee, and I decided we would set some ground rules for the relationship and if our significant other didn’t abide by those rules, then they got the boot. Studies should always be put first, even if you don’t want to. Between the two groups that went yesterday, I hadn’t laughed so much in one class since I came to Southern. We had great discussions for both presentations and they were both engaging and kept us interested. Great job, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment