1. With going through group projects, DPhiE and the different clubs I’m in, I’ve realized that I can really be a leader. In high school, I was captain of my softball team but that’s about as far as I went. As far as my learning process, I feel I’m getting deeper into a better education and better learning experiences.
2. One of my biggest challenges was my new member period for DPhiE. It really made me deal with my stress and at first, I wasn’t doing too well with it, but when I got to know the girls a bit more, we ended up making it through with 50 some-odd new sisters.
3. I didn’t handle my stress very well in that situation. We had a lot of projects to get done and only a few of us were participating and getting everything done, so we were upset. We almost had arguments break out because we were so pissed at some girls and very stressed out.
4. I’d say having a 3.5 GPA is one of my biggest accomplishments. I really wanted to do well my freshman year because that’s what brought me down in high school and I need good grades to get into my program and stay in DPhiE.
5. I knew that if I tried in all my classes and did all the work, I’d get good grades, so I just applied myself. I’ve used the library to help me with most of my classes but using the gym to help blow off steam to get my work done afterwards helps a lot. And I’m just going to try even harder this coming semester to keep those grades up.
6. I’ve gotten better over the course of the semester with time management and getting everything done before I go out or hang out with my friends. To be honest, my studies kind of came after the sorority during my new member period, but I didn’t let my grades slip at all. The result of that was that I finally made it into DPhiE and now I can focus a lot more on my work.
7. My grades, as I said before, are pretty good for a first semester freshman, I think. I’m learning a lot, especially about college life and how to be an overall successful college student. I think you know which class I’m not learning a lot in, I don’t think I’ve learned anything in Anthropology this year. Nothing that’s stuck with me at least. And I’ve learned a lot in Inquiry actually just how to acclimate myself. To maximize my learning, I’m going to pay attention, I think its that simple.
8. I honestly forgot what my goals were at the beginning of the semester, but this isn’t where I’d think I’d be; it’s better. I’m in a sorority and already running for positions, made tons of new and awesome friends, have good grades, do a lot with Service Team and Habitat for Humanity, I’m pretty content.
9. I want to become a member of our Leadership Team of DPhiE eventually but I need to work my way up in positions, so I’m going to be a very active member. I think if I stay doing what I’m doing right now, I’ll be good for the rest of the year. But next semester, I’ll just work on time management a tiny bit better so I remember to do everything I need to.
10. One goal is to have a coordinator position in DPhiE and I’m going to stay involved so I can get that position. Another goal is to keep my grades up and maybe get more A’s than I did this semester. And I can do that simply by doing all my work and keeping focus on my studies.
Kelsey, you might consider revising this as a blog post rather than just answering the questions. You don't have to change the content, but maybe think about the structure. Reread the end of the assignment and note that it calls for a beginning, middle, and end. Note the other writing conventions it calls for as well as the length requirement and just think about whether you need to change what you have here.
ReplyDelete